There will be a venture crew meeting tomorrow Wednesday May 25 at 8:30 pm in the parish center.
Here are some items on the agenda.
1. The campout to camp manatoc June 3rd thru june 5th has been approved by the staff. The meeting tomorrow will consist of planning the campout.
2. We still have 1 Adult opening for the Sea Base trip and 3 youth openings. We should do our best to fill these spots.
3. I’m still waiting to set dates for fundraisers dreamt up by the Sea Base participants. Remember, this is your trip and you are responsible for creating fundraisers for your crew. The more money you raise with fundraisers the less your family has to dish out. Summer is upon us and there are tons of opportunities to make money. Please submit your ideas to me with possible dates as soon as possible.
4. Just a reminder to Sea Base participants, half of the remaining balance to Sea Base is due October 1st. I will be collecting that payment toward the end of September. I will get you the exact amount soon but please keep this in mind and budget accordingly.
5. Also something to keep in mind, in order to go to Sea Base you MUST pass the BSA swim test and be classified as a swimmer. If your swimming skills need some work, please take the time this summer to strengthen your front crawl, breast stroke and back stroke. It will be to everyone’s benefit for the trip.
6. For several years now the venture crew has been picking up produce for Lend a Hand, a food bank for the Brecksville, Broadview hts, seven hills and Independence areas. We are looking for some help to keep this community service alive in our venture crew. Once a month, normally on the 3rd Friday, we pick up the order from S&R produce on Broadview rd and deliver it to the Lend a Hand distribution center by the Broadview hts police dept. It takes about an hour in total. I’m hoping that maybe we can come up with a rotation with the members of the venture crew to give myself, Mrs Yeigh and Mrs Nemeth a bit of a break.
I believe that is everything. If I have forgotten anything please let me know or just bring your thoughts to the meeting tomorrow.