I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
There will be a meeting tomorrow night at our regular time (8:30) in the parish center.
Here are some important reminders for everyone.
1. Recharter- We need to recharter in the next couple of weeks so please LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN ON DROPPING OUT IF THE CREW. If you do not tell me you are quitting the crew, you will be rechartered and will receive all emails and be expected to pay the recharter fee of $30. Everyone else, please get your recharter fee to Mrs Yeigh as soon as possible. Make checks out to Venture Crew 652.
2. Training- ALL REGISTERED ADULTS need to have VENTURING youth protection up to date and any Associate Advisors need to complete the online Venturing Advisor Training. Currently, Bret Nemeth, Stephen Trompak and Allan Sasala need VENTURING youth protection and Bret Nemeth needs advisor training.
3. Christmas Party- we have been invited to join the troop for their annual rock climbing Christmas party at Kendall cliffs on Dec 7th. As always we need belayers if you are certified and we need to give Cliff a head count. Please let me know if you plan on attending.
4. Pancake breakfasts- We have gotten 2 dates for pancake breakfasts please put these dates on your calendars. January 15, 2017 and March 5, 2017- set up at 7 am- serving begins at 8:30 am to 1:45pm. Clean up ends around 2:30. Please be prepared to stay through cleanup.
5. Sea Base- we still have 2 openings for the Sea Base trip next summer. Please ask around and let’s try to get the spots filled. I will start collecting money towards travel for the trip. I will be collecting $200 payments once a month starting in January. I would like to start in December of you guys think that is feasible.
6. I think we will continue working on advancement requirements at the meeting if they were not completed last time.
If I have missed anything please let me know.
1) Regular meeting tonight,
Meeting plans call for Ice Rescue and First Aid Skills. The Pack will be having their Raingutter
Regatta tonight as well.
If possible, we’ll do Scoutmaster Conferences and Boards of Review. Let me know if you’re ready for
either and bring your book to the meeting.
2) Popcorn Payments Due,
I’ll be paying for popcorn on Monday so try to get me what payments you have by tonight so there’s
time for the checks to clear.
There will be a meeting on 11/16/2016 at the close of the troop meeting.
Here is what is on the agenda.
1. Work on the youth safety from the requirements for the award.
2. We still have 2 opening for the sea base trip. Lets try to get them filled. Remember, if we fill the crew’s it’s cheaper for everyone.
3. We need to recharter. If you are not interested in continuing on with the crew next year please let me know ASAP. Unless you tell me otherwise, you will be kept on as a member of the crew and expected to pay the $30 recharter fee. Make checks payable to Venture Crew 652.
4. We should really get all of the remaining fundraisers on a master calendar. Anyone who has not set up a fundraiser yet, we need to get on that so we can get it scheduled.
5. The troop is having their annual rock climbing Christmas party at Kendall cliffs the first Wednesday in December and we are invited to join. Someone needs to get details from Cliff and inform the rest of us. We need to give Cliff a head count and inform him of what we are planning to share.
6. ALL CREW ASSISTANT ADVISORS. THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE ONLINE ADVISOR TRAINING NEEDS TO DO SO BEFORE WE RECHARTER OR WE WILL BE FORCED TO DROP YOU FROM THE CREW. GO TO MY.SCOUTING.ORG, CREATE AN ACCOUNT OR LOGIN AND COMPLETE THE TRAINING. Please make sure your youth protection is up to date as well..
7. We are working on some pool time with Brecksville rec for a swim test and some workout time for Sea Base participants. We will fill you in when we have more details.
I believe that is all I have. Please let me know if I missed anything.
We’ll be signing off requirements and hopefully doing some Boards of Review for rank advancements. I will have the Summer Camp T21 sheets with me to sign off on requirements
completed at Summer Camp. Scoutmaster conferences for Scout through Star ranks, too.
We’ll have signup sheets for the Klondike at Beaumont (cabin!) January 13-15.
Next Week: I haven’t invited them yet, but next week we’d planned to host visiting Webelos from Cub Scout packs in the area. We’ll make a fire and do s’mores like we’ve done in the past.
November Camp: We don’t yet have a November campout planned but we should try for the weekend of the 18th.
Popcorn pickup for take order sales is Friday. Need help with picking up popcorn.
Please make a note to pick up your scout(s) by 8 pm so that the adult leaders can leave on schedule.
We’ll have a shortened meeting tonight so that those interested can watch the World Series in
The meeting plan says that we’ll do lashings and make flagpoles. We’ll do that but skip the “Ghost
in the Graveyard” activity.
Note: If you have contact information for any Cub Scout packs that have Webelos that we can invite
to our Nov. 16 “Welcome” meeting, please let me know.
1) Popcorn Distribution,
I will pick up our popcorn order on Friday 11/11 and have it sorted by Sunday.
I will bring it to the troop meeting on Nov 16 for you to fetch it but if you want it earlier
because you’ll be visiting family or whatever, let me know and we can arrange a time to meet.
2) Coming Event Schedule
We still need to plan a campout for November. We’ll be doing registration
for 2017 as well.
Skills: Lashings/Flag Pole, Storing ropes
Sign-ups: November Camp
Advancement. Conferences, Boards,
Skills: Recruiting. Invite Webelos, Ice Rescue, First Aid
Special: Fire, tents, Ramen, Karaoke
Nov. 23 No meeting before Thanksgiving
Nov. 30 We had team building scheduled but we’ll hold this for last
minute advancements and registration tasks.
Dec. 7 Climbing party at Kendall Cliffs